Last updated on April 25, 2014
- “Personal Information” (generally, information that identifies a particular user).
- “Usage Statistics” (generally, statistics regarding how our Service is used, such as which features are used most frequently).
- “Customer Data” (generally, data submitted by users to be processed by our Service).
The three most important things you need to know are:
- We are committed to protecting the privacy of your Customer Data and Personal Information.
- The only ways in which we will use information provided by users is to provide our Service to them and to provide them with support, improve our Service, and prepare generalized statistical insights as described in the terms below.
- We will never distribute Customer Data or Personal Information to advertisers.
You can visit a ClearFactr Site without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself. There are times, however, when we may need certain personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) from you.
If you contact us through a ClearFactr Site, for example to ask questions about our Service or to request more information, we will ask you to provide certain Personal Information (such as your name, address, email address, phone number, company name and your title). You will also be required to provide Personal Information when you sign up to use our Service. When you provide Personal Information we will use that Personal Information to provide you with the information you request or to provide you with access to our Service. We may also use the Personal Information to help us understand who is interested in our Service, who is using our Service, to communicate with you regarding your account, and to help us manage and improve the ClearFactr Site and our Service. We may also use your Personal Information to market our Service to you, for example by contacting you with an invitation to subscribe to our Service or to request information from you about your interest in our Service. If you tell us that you do not want us to use this Personal Information as a basis for further contact with you, we will respect your wishes.
We may also collect anonymous information from visits to a ClearFactr Site to help us provide better customer service and to make a ClearFactr Site as user friendly as possible. For example, we may keep track of the domains from which people visit the ClearFactr Site and measure visitor activity on a ClearFactr Site, to analyze trends and statistics. We may also monitor your use of our Service and use data related to your use in an aggregated manner, including to compile statistical and performance information related to the provision and operation of our Service. However, when we collect the information described in this paragraph, we do so in ways that keep the information anonymous. We may disclose the anonymous statistical information we collect to others, provided that the information does not identify you or reveal your information that we have agreed to treat as confidential. This anonymous statistical information does not include your User Data (which we will not review, share, distribute, or reference except as provided in our Terms of Service, or as may be required by law).
When you visit a ClearFactr Site, we collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to track and aggregate non-personal information. For example, we use IP addresses to monitor the regions from which customers and visitors navigate a ClearFactr Site. We may also collect IP addresses from customers when they log in to use our service as part of our security features.
Usage AnalyticsWe may employ third-party usage analytics software (such as Google Analytics) to monitor our customers’ use of our Service and the ClearFactr Site, in order to help us improve our Service and to better manage content on the ClearFactr Site by informing us what content is most frequently used and most effective. We do not tie the information collected through usage analytics software to our customers’ personally identifiable information. We will use the information collected through usage analytics software only internally, to improve our Service and to market our Service to you, and we will not disclose that information to others in a form that may identify any individual customer.
Links to Other Web SitesA ClearFactr Site may contain links to other web sites. Logic9s is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites. The links from a ClearFactr Site do not imply that Logic9s endorses or has reviewed the third party web sites. We suggest contacting the operators of those web sites directly for information regarding their privacy policies.
Blogs/Forums/Chat Rooms/Bulletin Boards
If you use a blog, forum, chat room or bulletin board on a ClearFactr Site (“Forum(s)”), you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit in a Forum can be read, collected, or used by other users of such Forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in a Forum.
PublicityWe will not identify you as a customer of Logic9s on a ClearFactr Site or in other public communications unless you “opt in” to permit us to do that.
Our Disclosure of Your Personal Information and Other InformationLogic9s is not in the business of interpreting, deciphering, studying or selling your Personal Information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Information with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a sale of our assets, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Credit Card Processing: If we use a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing for payments you submit, we may we may share your Personal Information with that third party service provider. Any such service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use billing information except for the purpose of credit card processing on our behalf.
- Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: Logic9s, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
- Legal Requirements: Logic9s may disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Logic9s, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of a ClearFactr Site or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
International Transfer of Information Collected